Saturday, March 28, 2009

"Awww, Sweet Daddy"




We had to celebrate Karlie's birthday for a second time because Mike was out of town on her real birthday. Anyway, I just had a cute story to share. The night after her party everyone had gone home and we put the kids to bed. About 45 minutes later, Karlie comes downstairs to say I love you... again. We had to put her to bed several more times and usually she doesn't get out of bed. So Mike said he would lay down in bed with her for a few minutes. So they are laying in her bed and Mike said that she kept saying...."Daddy, I love you. (pause) Daddy, you are the best daddy ever. (pause) You are my best friend. (pause) Daddy, I love you.... This went on and she said each one of these sayings about 20 times. So then Mike rolled over so he was facing away from her in hopes she would fall asleep. Then he feels little fingers start tickling his back. "Awww, Sweet Daddy" is what she says. Of course that made him laugh so he turned around for some more "Daddy I love you's."

8 comments:

Reisner's said...

That's so sweet. Mike is such a good dad to your kids.
Oh and by the way happy birthday to Karlie, as always wish we could of been there!

Jody said...

Laura~
Fun to see your blog. Your kids have grown up so big. I invited you onto my blog. Hopefully if it didn't work let me know. Murdock.3@netzero.net. Im excited to stay a little more updated on your life. Have a great day Jody M.

Jenny said...

I freakin' love your blog! Your kids are hilarious!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Kids say the funniest tings, that is so cute how much she loves her daddy!

Mindy said...

How sweet is that!! I love it when girls are "daddy's girls"!

The Hansen Family said...

That is so cute. I bet Mike is such a proud dad.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I am pretty sure you are at work, if you get on and check this call my cell. I cant fall back a sleep. I will be up for a few min. 3906411 Hope work is going well!!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are too cute! The Easter Egg Hunt was so fun! Thanks for letting us in on the fun!
Jules and Ryan