Sunday, May 3, 2009

Just an update!!

Many fun and not-so-exciting things have been going on at our house! My dear sweet husband (who thinks he is super-human) was at work the other day and was lifting a huge barrel of wood into a dumpster. It is a two-person task but apparantly he wanted to save some time and do it himself. So he went to lift it up and literally tore his bicep off the tendon...yea, sounds disgusting. It pretty much looked that way too. He is now bruised from his forearm all the way up past his elbow and scheduled to have surgery on it on Wednesday!! I am so sad for him. He is such an active person and is really into his weight lifting which is really going to be on hold for a while. Not to mention, we are leaving on our huge vacation to Washington D.C. very soon. Hopefully he will be healed enough to go. He sure thinks he will be!! He hasn't ever had surgery like this before so we'll see how it goes. I guess I will just have to pamper him as much as I can in between work and three demanding little children!! Thankfully my kind family will help us out with the kids while he is in surgery. Anyway, I just pray that things will be okay and he will do fine. I love him so much!!

6 comments:

Reisner's said...

I hope everything goes well with the surgery, Bradley was telling me about how he did that. It sounds pretty nasty. Have fun on your trip, I sure wish we could go.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

i am calling you right now!!

Mindy said...

Sad!! Good luck and have fun on your trip!

Camile said...

OWWWWW!!! That sounds SO painful!

I also hope everything goes well with his surgery - Good luck!

Amber Wray said...

Laura- I will be praying for you both. It is no fun to have trials like these. I know Heavenly Father is with you and he waiting to bear up some of the burden through little angels we call family and friends. So if you need anything at all don't hesitate to call. Even if it is only for a couple of hours so you can relax with your hubby! GOOD LUCK! :)

Amy, Dan and Ryan said...

Yikes! I hope everything went well with the surgery Mike. You have a beautiful family!