Sunday, February 1, 2009

We made it on the BIG SCREEN!

Today is Super Bowl Sunday and Mike's whole family is from Arizona! So of course we had to host a huge super bowl party. Once everyone arrived we had an unexpected guest! News Channel 6 knocked on our door. We were house #2 on their story. They came and took some video of our family and here is the clip on the news tonight.

The funny thing about the whole story is that two days ago I came home from work and Mike had my "Valentines Day present" set up in the living room. He took it upon himself to buy a 52" TV! He had it mounted on the wall and everything. I wish I could say I was thrilled. Now after the news crew showed up of course he thinks it's just fine that he bought the TV! And of course all of the men in the family thought buying a new TV would be totally appropriate to do for the Super Bowl. Anyway, we had a ton of fun....too bad the Cardinals couldn't finish it off!!

9 comments:

Cassie Mickelsen said...

Lorin and I were watching the news last night and all of the sudden there you were! That was awesome! I know someone famous. It looks like you had a way fun party. Isn't it funny how men will sometimes buy presents for you that are really for them? I bet you will enjoy it.

Christie said...

I totally saw you guys last night on the news!!!! I fell asleep 7 then the phone rang and I looked up and there you were! "We would be honored if you had some of our food!" LOL your so cute Laura. How did you get them to come to your house?

Hillary said...

Wow Laura that was sure a thoughtful V-day gift from Mike! He must really love you;) I can't believe you made the news. That is so funny. Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

So funny! Looks like you guys had a fun party.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

How fun to see you on TV! Can i come and eat some of that food, my goodness you had it all. I guess you cant be mad about a TV now that you are famous. Looks like fun!

Reisner's said...

That is so cool! Now you guys are famous. I'll have to get all your autographs when I get there.

Lauren Ricks said...

That is so awesome! Looks like the party was rockin :) As for the tv, something my husband would totally do...a present for "both" of us. Right...

jamirclark said...

So fun! We have watched that clip over and over again. Too bad the Cards lost! Wish we were there! (minus the snow, of course!)

Jake and Tauni said...

Hey Laura! How is it that there is this whole circle of night shift nurses blogging each other...I feel left out!! hehe! I bet you don't want to admit it but you like the TV!! (At least I think that is how I would be)